Rebecca P. McAlister, MD
Associate Dean, Graduate Medical Education
- Diplomate, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Association of Surgical Educators
- St. Louis Gynecologic Society
- APGO / Solvay Educational Scholar (1997)
- Surgical Education Research Fellowship, American College of Surgeons (2006)
- Washington University School of Medicine, Distinguished Service Teaching Award (2004)
- Medical education
- Physician workforce
Rebecca P. McAlister, MD, is active in medical education in obstetrics and gynecology at a national level. She served on the Council for Residency Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) from 1998 through 2005 and as Vice Chair of CROEG from 2002 through 2004. She continues involvement with multiple CREOG task forces and committees and since 2004 has been the program chair for the annual CREOG School for Program Directors. She is also a member of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Residency Review Committee (RRC) for Obstetrics and Gynecology as of October 2005.
Dr. McAlister has served as Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education for Washington University School of Medicine and Designated Institutional Official (DIO) since 1997, overseeing 74 accredited graduate medical education training programs and approximately 1,100 trainees at the medical center. Her research interests are in medical education and the physician workforce.