We provide patients outstanding care in a supportive, caring and nonjudgmental environment.
Call to schedule an appointment:
Call the Contraceptive Choice Center »
Washington University family planning specialists are board-certified obstetricians/gynecologists with extensive and formal training in family planning. We provide our patients sound, supportive and completely confidential treatment and care in general gynecology, gynecologic surgery and family planning.
See our locations
See our specialists
Washington University physicians are the medical staff of Barnes-Jewish and St. Louis Children’s hospitals. Some physicians may see patients at additional locations in the St. Louis region.
Family planning and contraception
Our patients benefit from the expertise of a professional team offering the full range of family planning services, including pregnancy planning, prevention or termination, as well as difficult IUD and implant removal. In the management of pregnancies diagnosed with fetal anomalies and pregnancy-related maternal complications, we also work with specialists in maternal-fetal medicine and the Fetal Care Center.
We know that decisions regarding pregnancy can be difficult, and our specialists provide caring and qualified counseling in addition to medical services and support.
Our family planning services include:
- Counseling in pregnancy options
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage in first and second trimester
- Medical and surgical pregnancy termination
- Counseling in birth control methods to prevent unplanned pregnancies
- Intrauterine devices (IUD) and implants, including management of difficult removals
- Hormonal contraception
- Female sterilization
- Contraception for medically complex patients
Our specialists also provide general gynecologic and reproductive health care, including minor and major gynecologic surgery, for women of all ages.
Our general gynecologic services include:
- Annual gynecologic exams, cervical cancer screening, human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination, and other preventative gynecologic care
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs / STDs) testing and treatment
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids management
- Abnormal Pap smear diagnosis and treatment, including colposcopy and loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Menopause and hormonal therapy management
- Major and minor gynecologic surgeries, including hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and hysterectomy
Washington University family planning specialists:
If you are of reproductive age and need to see a doctor soon, you may also call the Contraceptive Choice Center (C3):
Visit the C3 website »
When you call: Please have your insurance card ready.
See accepted insurance plans »
If you don’t have insurance: You may qualify for a lower fee scale if you see our specialists at the Contraceptive Choice Center (C3).
See C3 payment and insurance information »