A hub for international research and a destination for patients in need of exceptional care, St. Louis is the ideal location to train and excel in health, medicine and research. In addition to internationally renowned physicians and scientists, the city attracts engineers, business leaders, educators, artists, activists and other innovative professionals working at the forefront of diverse fields and endeavors.
Why St. Louis?
Get to know St. Louis
St. Louis’s cultural institutions, affordability and endless options for recreation and entertainment regularly earn the region national recognition. These guides will help you decide where to start if you want to get to know our city.
- Video: A Day in St. Louis (Explore St. Louis)
- 25 things to do in St. Louis (Explore St. Louis)
- Dis-Orientation Guide (WashU medical student publication)
- Gateway to the Best (St. Louis Magazine)
- In-depth neighborhood guides (NextSTL, St. Louis City Talk)
- Where to live in St. Louis (St. Louis Magazine)
- 36 hours in St. Louis (New York Times)
- Kid-friendly St. Louis (Explore St. Louis)
- Parents’ guide to St. Louis schools (Navigate STL Schools)
- Entertainment calendar (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Gay St. Louis (Daily Xtra)
- Ferguson Commission Report (Forward through Ferguson)