Division of General Obstetrics & Gynecology
Division director: Eric A. Strand, MD
We are seven board-certified or board-eligible, US residency-trained obstetrician/gynecologists. We care for women in all stages of their lives from childhood through menopause.
Each of us holds an academic appointment through the Washington University School of Medicine and considers teaching future doctors and ob/gyn specialists an honor and a privilege. We are active in local, regional and national medical societies and provide our patients with medical care informed by the latest available research and recommendations.
clinical outpatient practice visits
gynecologic surgical procedures
Our clinical mission
We are committed to improving the health of patients by providing compassionate evidence-based care, a comprehensive range of services, and timely access to services.
Our educational mission
We provide a positive learning environment and help train technically and clinically proficient resident physicians in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Additionally, we educate all Washington University medical students about our field of study.
Our core values
- Service: We view service to our community, both patients in the greater St. Louis area as well as Barnes-Jewish Hospital / Wash U and referring physicians, as a privilege.
- Teamwork: Together we can do great things for each other and for our patients. We are proud to be an integral part of the Washington University School of Medicine and the Barnes-Jewish Hospital system.
- Attitude: We are a “can do” team and believe our positive energy helps us meet the needs of our staff, partners and patients.
- Respect: We are here to better the lives of others and believe that each person with whom we come in contact has value and a voice.
- Standards: We pledge the highest standards of respect, patient safety and clinical excellence.