Whether through time or treasure we are hoping to make it easier for the WUSM community to be of service to our local community on this day and beyond. We will provide resources for the following:
- Opportunities for on-site volunteering both on MLK Day and beyond
- Information about on-going volunteer opportunities
- Contacts and wish lists for making in-kind donations
- Suggestions for organizations to support through online donations
Volunteer and donation opportunities
CASA de Salud – Due to the pandemic there will be no volunteer opportunities on MLK Day. Ophelia Velasquez will contact volunteers about opportunities after the holiday.
- Beautification, such as painting
- Long term – Practitioners – Must complete a volunteer form and undergo a background check and other medical tests.
The Little Bit Foundation
See more information about programs at The Little Bit Foundation. Available opportunities are listed below:
- Work in warehouse to tag items for students. 10 volunteers needed. Donations are also accepted for the warehouse, such as gently used clothing, hygiene items, and school supplies. Contact Bryan Walker (email@example.com) or complete the form below.
- SOAR (See, Own, Advocate, Rise) Mentoring Program – Professional mentoring for Riverview Gardens High School students. Must be available to meet twice a month for one hour, between 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. The program is held from September – April Background check is required. SOAR mentor recruitment will close January 21, 2022. 10 – 15 volunteers need. Contact William Hardrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Manager, or complete the form below.
- “What’s Next Fair” occurs in September and October. A career exploration fair held at Riverview Gardens High School. Contact William Hardrick (email@example.com), Program Manager, or complete the form below
- “Application Day” occurs in April. Employment fair where students are interviewed for summer or post-graduate opportunities. 10 – 12 volunteers needed. Contact William Hardrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Manager, or complete the form below.
Website: United Way
We invite you to help make a difference in the St. Louis area by making a donation to Safe Connections. To drop off an in-kind donation (e.g., gift cards to local grocery stores and gas stations), please arrange times with Jackie Karalunas, Development and Marketing Manager, or call 314.646.7500 ext. 123.
Jamaa Birth Village
Website: Jamaa Birth Village
Donate (via PayPal) to Jamaa Birth Village, St. Louis’ only non-profit midwifery and doula organization.
Welcome Neighbor STL
Website: Welcome Neighbor STL
More community engagement opportunities
Subscribe to the Gephartdt Institute newsletter to find out about more opportunities.
If interested in volunteering for Casa de Salud or The Little Bit Foundation you may register here. For all other opportunities please contact the organization directly.Please select a valid form