The How’s and Why’s of Community-Engaged Research (Center for Community Health Partnership & Research)
Join the Center for Community Health Partnership & Research for the next installment of the Know Your Level of Community Engagement lecture series. This webinar will discuss why participating in community-engaged research is important and ways that both academic and community researchers can benefit from partnerships.
Vetta Sanders Thompson, PhD, will address why research partnerships between academics and community members are so vital. The discussion will include information about the benefits to both academia and to the community, note how community groups can apply the information learned through research to their own projects, and offer tips to advance scholarship when working in a community-academic partnership.
Following Dr. Sanders Thompson’s presentation, panelists will share examples of community-academic partnerships in action and offer practical advice. The webinar will end with an opportunity for audience Q&A.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Define the importance of community-engaged research to advancing community health and well-being
- Identify benefits to both academic and community partners engaging in research
- Understand how information learned from research could be applied to other community work
- Recognize ways to collaborate in various aspects of research, including publications
- Apply lessons from real community-academic work to their own work