Watch event recordings:
The Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and the Office of Graduate Medical Education at Washington University School of Medicine will sponsor a virtual appearance by William A. McDade, MD, PhD, Chief Diversity Office, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), Friday, March 5, 2021.
The ACGME has enacted several Common Program Requirements addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Individual Review Committees review multiple data points provided by Sponsoring Institutions and programs annually to determine substantial compliance with all ACGME requirements including the following:
- Section I.C. Addresses recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Requirement II.A.4.a).10. specifies the need for program directors to cultivate an environment in which residents and fellows can raise concerns and provide feedback without fear of intimidation or retaliation.
- Section V begins to address evaluation and asks programs to collect data on ultimate board certification rates of its graduates, with the intent of decreasing reliance on first time pass rates as a measure of excellence.
- Requirement VI.B.6. states that programs and Sponsoring Institutions must provide a professional, and respectful environment free from discrimination, harassment, mistreatment, abuse, or coercion.
All sessions are virtual.
- 8:00 – 9:15 a.m. – General Session (Open to All)
- 9:15 – 9:45 a.m. – Q & A
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Faculty Session
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. – Program Directors and Program Coordinators
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. – Residents, Fellows and Students
Registration and attendance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all Washington University School of Medicine sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Washington University School of Medicine Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in advance at 314-273-2809 or MedDEI@wustl.edu.