Christina Herbosa, MD
Undergraduate School: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Why did you choose Wash U for residency?
The people! Went to medical school at WashU and loved the program, very inspired by the residents and attendings I worked with on my rotations. Also, the location — born & raised in STL, so amazing to be able to do a residency with my family close by and in a city I love.
What are you looking forward to the most by being a resident here at WashU?
Being able to give back to the community where I was born & raised.
What are your career goals/interests?
To become an OBGYN… still deciding..
Currently have any fellowship plans for after residency?
Not sure, still deciding
Awards & Honors
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Dean’s Research Fellowship, awarded to first-year medical students for summer research projects.
- Carl and Lily Pforzheimer Foundation Public Service Fellowship, awarded to Harvard students for public service projects that will have a direct impact on communities in the year after graduation.
- Harvard College Research Program Award, awarded to Harvard students to conduct independent research projects.
- Mary Gordon Roberts Fellowship, awarded to Harvard students in the Mind, Brain, & Behavior track or secondary field for summer thesis research.
- Just-in-Time Grant, awarded for Utilization of Novel Therapy for Metastatic Melanoma
- Just-in-Time Grant, awarded for Development of QoL-MF/SS: a MF/SS-specific Quality of Life Instrument
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
What do you do outside of work?
Spend time with my friends and family, especially my two adorable nieces. Flyfish and explore nature with my husband. Bike and rollerblade in the park. Small arts & crafts projects, ceramics, photography.
What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
I LOVE to SCUBA dive, especially night diving and with sharks! Malapascua in the Philippines has been my favorite spot yet!