Hear how engineers and physician-scientists are working together to tackle important problems in women’s health at the Women’s Health Technologies Research Forums on Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021 and Thursday, Jan. 20, 4:30-6:30 p.m. EPNEC, 2nd floor, room B.
Reception 5:40-6:30 p.m., wine and cheese bag with social distancing. Registration is encouraged for in-person attendance. Registration is required to attend virtually.
Agenda for Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021 | 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Reception 5:40-6:30 p.m., wine and cheese bag with social distancing.
- “Materials and additive manufacturing for seamless bioelectronic tissue interfaces”
Alexandra Rutz, PhD, assistant professor of biomedical engineering
- “3D Non-Invasive Electrophysiology Imaging of Human Uterine Peristalsis in Patients with Endometriosis”
Kelsey Anderson, MD, assistant professor of OBGYN
- “Using endogenous and exogenous optical contrast for women’s health”
Christine O’Brien, PhD, assistant professor of biomedical engineering
- “Fat infiltration of the pelvic floor muscles: a driver of muscle dysfunction?”
Gretchen Meyer, PhD, assistant professor of physical therapy, neurology, orthopedic surgery
- “Probing heterogeneous human placenta microstructures using endogenous water molecule brownian motion”
Yong Wang, PhD, associate professor of OBGYN and Electrical & Systems Engineering
- “Tendon Diagnostic Imaging: A Move Toward Quantitative Outcomes”
Jennifer Zellers PhD, assistant professor of physical therapy
Registration is required to attend virtually.
Eric P. Newman Education Center (EPNEC), second floor, room B (320 S Euclid Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63110)
Agenda for Thursday, Jan. 20, 2021 | 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Reception 5:40-6:30 p.m., wine and cheese bag with social distancing. Registration is encouraged.
- “Uterine excitability at the molecular level”
Sarah England, PhD, Alan A and Edith L Wolff Professor of medicine, OB/GYN
- “Placental vascularization and Fetal Growth Restriction”
Anthony Odibo, MD, MSCE, Virginia S Lang Professor of OBGYN
- “Biomechanical impairments among patients with chronic hip pain and patients with urgency and frequency predominant lower urinary tract symptoms”
Marcie Harris Hayes, PT, DPT, MSCI, professor of physical therapy and orthopedic surgery
Celia Santi Grau Perez, MD, PhD, associate professor of OBGYN
- “Movement and Urinary Urgency: Movement Patterns and Pelvic muscle Performance”
Tracy Spitznagle, PT, DPT, WCS, professor of physical therapy
- “Photoacoustic and Ultrasound imaging of ovarian cancer”
Quing Zhu, PhD, professor of biomedical engineering and radiology
- “Preliminary findings of Vaginal icing study”
Haidy Morsy, MD, clinical fellow of urogynecology
Eric P. Newman Education Center, second floor, room B (320 S Euclid Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63110)
Research Forum Committee Members:
Quing Zhu, professor, biomedical engineering and radiology
Yong Wang, associate professor, obstetrics & gynecology and ESE
Chao Zhou, associate professor, biomedical engineering
Tracy Spitznagle, professor, physical therapy and obstetrics and gynecology
Whitney Ross, assistant professor, obstetrics & gynecology
Alexandra Rutz, assistant professor, biomedical engineering