Infectious diseases of the female genitourinary (GU) tract, including sexually transmitted infections and urinary tract infections. We are also interested in infections during pregnancy caused by Zika virus that can have devastating effects on fetal health.
Explore our research
Labs and studies:
- Basic science research projects
- Zika virus (Moley Lab)
Related research centers:
- Center for Reproductive Health Sciences (CRepHS)
- Center for Human Immunology & Immunotherapy Programs (CHiiPs)
- Center for Women’s Infectious Disease Research (cWIDR)
- Global Health Center
Scientists investigating female GU infections are faculty members in the Department of Ob/Gyn’s Division of Family Planning and Center for Reproductive Health Sciences, as well as the Department of Molecular Microbiology.
- Amanda Lewis, PhD (Molecular Microbiology)