Thank you for your interest in the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program at Washington University. We accept nine new residents per year, with 36 residents total in our program.
Applications for residency positions are accepted only through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). If you are interested in applying to our program, please contact the Dean’s Office of your medical school for your ERAS information packet. If you are an international medical graduate, please contact your local ECFMG office for more information about ERAS.
Early applications are encouraged. A review of each application will be made upon receipt; this will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Your file will be considered complete when all ERAS materials (including at least 3 letters of recommendation, medical school transcripts and documentation of national USMLE, Board or FLEX scores) have been received. Please be sure to update your electronic application with any changes, such as contact address, email address, telephone number, or honors received.
The deadline for applying is October 1, 2022.
We encourage interested applicants to apply. As the application process can be daunting, we provide the following data for your consideration. Last year (2022), the characteristics of the applicants who were invited to interview at our program included:
- Average USMLE Step I score: 242 range 202—267)
- Average USMLE Step II score: 255 (range 236—280)
- 52% were AOA members
- 38% were Gold Humanism Society members
Our program follows the APGO/CREOG recommendations for interview offers which will be extended on October 25, 2022.
- Stay tuned for 2023 interview dates!
Our Match Commitment
- We will participate in signaling this year. It is optional for applicants.
- We perform holistic review of all of our applications.
- We have 9 categorical positions in which we will interview 120 applicants.
- All interviews will be virtual.
- Our invitations will be released on a date in 2023.
- We will NOT invite more candidates to interview than we have interview spots available.
- We will certify our rank list (date TBA).